Are you a social-media-savvy, entrepreneurial-minded, health-conscious gal with a passion for women’s wellness and spiritual femininity?
Then you’re in luck, because Yoga Goddess is looking for a Social Media Intern!
Dreamed up and brought to life by yoga teacher and divine feminine wellness coach Zahra Haji, Yoga Goddess is committed to teaching women how to embrace their bodies and to experience the physical and spiritual health of being a woman.
All Yoga Goddess offerings are designed to support women in connecting or reconnecting with their bodies – spiritually, emotionally, and physically – as well as their essence. Women are beaming with potential in all aspects of life, and are beautiful and vast beings. Yoga Goddess services and programs are intended to be a gentle reminder of this truth, paired with actionable practices. The techniques used by Yoga Goddess are based on the ancient teachings of Kundalini yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. Our unique Moon Goddess program is additionally inspired by the writings of Miranda Gray, a fellow facilitator, and menstrual and spiritual teacher.
(Note: We work with women of all faiths and practices and do not focus exclusively on any one spiritual path.)
In your role on our Yoga Goddess team, you will hone your Pinterest and Instagram skills through two high-value courses, then use what you learn to design and produce Pinterest and Instagram posts to enrich our online community presence.
As you study best practices and apply your knowledge to the Yoga Goddess channels, you’ll also gain invaluable experience with a successful internet-based, heart-centred women’s holistic health business.
The ideal candidate is dynamic, tech-savvy, reliable and of course dedicated to helping women thrive in their bodies and their lives.
In your work with Pinterest, you will:
- Take Melyssa Griffin’s Pinfinite Growth course, learn the course material and create a detailed document that outlines the steps for applying Pinterest best practices to Yoga Goddess
- Design a Pinterest strategy based on your learning in the course, what’s already working for us and what could work better
- Study our successful content and apply those insights toward improving existing pins and creating new ones by repurposing our untapped blog content
- Create boards using Tailwind
In your work with Instagram, you will:
- Take the Instagram with Intention course from Dean Street Society, learn the course material and create a detailed document that outlines the steps for applying Instagram best practices to Yoga Goddess
- Analyze what’s working for other Instagram accounts and how we can begin implementing the same practices
- Optimize our use of Linktree, implementing best practices for updating Linktree with current promotions as well as determining what links should always appear
- Design a Yoga Goddess strategy for Instagram that will best leverage the platform based on your learning in the course, what’s already working for us and what could work better
- Mine existing photographs for images to repurpose for Instagram
- Create short quotes from existing Yoga Goddess blog posts and ebooks to produce daily content for Instagram, using the image library that we have already curated
- Provide creative direction for Zahra's photoshoots so we can create beautiful Instagram images
You do not have to have professional/ work experience for any of the above if you’re tech-savvy, have graphic design experience, a do-it-yourself attitude and an aptitude for learning as you go!
Here are some of the skills and experience you can expect to gain during your internship with Yoga Goddess:
- In-depth knowledge of Pinterest and Instagram and how to use them for business growth
- The ins and outs of growing and maintaining an internet-based business
- New online tech skills and insights
- A behind-the-scenes understanding of how Yoga Goddess helps women heal their periods and infertility
- A personal experience of the role of the Divine Feminine in business today
- An impressive CV-builder and an excellent reference for your future professional undertakings
Please note this is a 4-month unpaid internship position. Your average time commitment will be 10-12 hours a week, Monday to Friday, plus additional time for weekly meetings and the course learning.
And just to show a little more love, we’ll pass on these perks too:
- Access to all the Yoga Goddess courses (value well over $1000 USD!)
- Freedom to work from home
- Plus the possibility of a part-time job upon internship completion
So are you interested or what? Please apply only if:
- You have spent countless hours on Instagram and Pinterest and love the platforms
- You have graphic design experience and can show samples of your work
- You are able to commit 10-12 hours a week, Monday to Friday, plus additional time for weekly meetings and the course learning
- You live in North America and can be available during at least some EST business hours
- You are reliable with deadlines, detail-oriented, and can ensure on-time delivery
- You are friendly, collaborative, and eager to be part of the Yoga Goddess team
And bonus points if:
- You have a passion for holistic women’s health, yoga, sacred femininity and healthy living, and are comfortable in an environment based around them
- You have a passion for making your own contribution to this world and a vision for how working with Yoga Goddess can help you achieve these goals
How to Apply for the Social Media Goddess internship:
- Fill out our online application here
- Send us an email to email@example.com with your cover letter, resume + examples of your graphic design
*be sure to complete both steps
Deadline to apply: October 10, 2019.
Thank you for your interest—we look forward to welcoming a new goddess to our team!