Earlier this week we started talking about the 4 different ways your cycle can align with the moon–and what that might mean for your purpose, your life path, and the next steps of your journey.
Missed my other posts? Read about the 3 other menstrual-moon cycles here:
Possibility #1: White Moon Cycle (menstruating with the new moon)
Possibility #3: Pink Moon Cycle (menstruating with the waxing moon)
Possibility #4: Purple Moon Cycle (menstruating with the waning moon)
Which Cycle Is Yours? Possibility #2: Red Moon Cycle
A lot of women in the Yoga Goddess community find me because they’ve noticed they just don’t line up with the traditional cycle of bleeding with the new moon and ovulating with the full moon.
They wonder if there’s something wrong.
If they should try to align their cycle to be in sync with the rhythms of nature.
Or, more and more, they intuitively sense that this experience of full moon bleeding might carry particular meaning for them.
As a lifelong full moon bleeder myself, I’m pleased to confirm that yes, it does!
Ovulating with the new moon and bleeding with the full moon is called the Red Moon cycle, and it’s the cycle of the archetypal Wise Woman: the healer, the magic-maker, the wisdom keeper.
Historically, menstruating with the full moon indicated an energy that was considered suspect in the culture.
The Healer–the woman who knew how to wield healing power and magic–was also seen as a seductress and enchantress. This was the kind of woman whose sexuality was applied to something other than the formation of the next generation. To our patriarchal ancestors, this meant an ‘evil woman.’
In truth, the Red Moon cycle belonged to the medicine women, the midwives, the wisdom keepers of the community. These women were not focusing their feminine energies to give birth to children. Rather their energy was used to empower other women and their communities.
So if you bleed with the full moon, your energy is focused on self-actualization, and on using that self-actualization to empower other women.
If you’re on a Red Moon Cycle, you might want to ask yourself:
- Do you desire self-exploration and self-expression?
- Has your role of mothering children completed?
- Is child-rearing a role you’re postponing for the future or not planning on at all?
- Do you feel called to be a healer or wisdom-sharer, to dive deep into your depths to develop your self-awareness and then turn that energy outward to help the world?
I’d love to hear how the Red Moon energy manifests in your life.
Does this information resonate with you?
Have you experienced something different?
Come join the conversation in our private Facebook Support Circle and tell me what kind of woman you are!
P.P.S. If your spirit is giving you a big resonant YES and you want to dive deeper into this wisdom, check out my Moon Charting Mastery program and learn:
- The exact steps to chart your cycle with the moon (tracking tables included)
- How to connect with your 4 goddess energies — the Maiden, the Mother, the Enchantress, and the Wise Woman — and understand the ways they manifest in your monthly cycle
- How to use your cycle to improve your sex life and your work performance, connect better with your partner, and enhance your spirituality, self-care and health — especially your fertility health