Are you ready to take a new step of falling in love with your powerful, sensual self?
Below is a ritual to take you deeper into your relationship with your body. Our society hasn’t given us permission to love our perfectly imperfect bodies, and you may find it freeing to rebel against that with this ritual, or you may feel resistance. Either way, you have the choice to own your power to give that permission to yourself.
Take some time alone and give yourself the gift of this simple but powerful ritual adapted lovingly from Anita Revel:
- Light a candle in front of a mirror
- Undress slowly in front of the mirror. With every bit of clothing you shed, call it by the name of a limited belief about your own sexiness that you’re ready to release. Say goodbye to feeling “fat,” or breasts that are “too flat or too big” or “flabby thighs” as you drop (or throw!) the clothing to the floor. Continue until you are standing naked.
- If it helps, do it to music that will help keep you in the “now.” Do not let yourself get distracted: focus on the elements that you’re shedding.
- For your well-being, and if you are so guided, share this process with a friend for support. Shedding old energies can be very intense.
- Now, standing naked in front of the mirror, welcome in a new perception of yourself. Say it out loud: I am beautiful, curvaceous, sleek, abundant, sexy and feminine.
- Do not get dressed again in the clothes you just shed–put them in the washing machine on “super wash!” Try not to wear them again in the same combination.
When you have finished the ritual, take a few minutes to journal about what came up for you around this entire process, from the How Sexy Are You? quiz I shared earlier, to the Who Do You Admire? exercise, to looking at your own beautiful feminine body naked in the mirror. Where are you able to love the sensual being you are? Where do you feel a pull to explore your sensuality more?
No matter what comes up for you, it is totally right and okay. Whether you felt totally awkward or like a burlesque dancer – every woman has layers to healing her sexuality that this will help you get in touch with.
I would love to hear what came up for you through this or throughout the entire series, so leave a comment and let me know!
Now go get in front of that mirror, hot stuff!
Love and delight,