Springtime is the season of pre-ovulation, the Maiden energy that comes after the winter of menstruation.
Put another way (one of my favourite ways, of course!), the time right after your period, before you release an egg, is also symbolized in the crescent moon: that thin sliver of moon waxing toward fullness after the dark of the new moon.
Either way you look at it, after menstruation and before ovulation you experience a rise in estrogen, the feel-good hormone that literally erases your memory from the previous month’s problems and gives you a fresh new start.
For me, I get that burst of renewed energy right when my period starts.
But it didn’t used to be that way — when I suffered from period cramps, the pain would take me down into the depths of my being and force me to stop and just be and take care of myself.
Now I take that self-care, slow-down time before my period and my periods are generally pain-free.
Taking the time to get to know my cycle and listen to what my body needs really changed how I relate and communicate with my feminine self.
I love tuning into the wisdom of my menstrual cycle!
And I especially love working with the archetypal goddess energies that come with each phase because I get to know so much more about myself as a feminine being.
So going back to that Crescent Moon Maiden energy — which I relate to as the Go-Getter — can be a wonderful opportunity to re-energize your faith: in your body, your dreams, your fertility.
The Maiden is all about rebirth, new enthusiasm, mental clarity and physical vigour — a perfect time to connect with the youthful, vibrant part of you that is full of energy and possibility (whether that’s the sassy, sexy playgirl or the confident, optimistic mother-to-be!).
For women trying to conceive, the Maiden means a fresh month and a fresh start.
If you’re focused on birthing projects and ideas instead, it’s an ideal time to repeat positive affirmations and plan for the future you desire.
In the Maiden phase, anything is possible!
Catch up on all the menstrual-moon cycle phases here:
- Pre-ovulation: The Maiden archetype, aligned with the crescent moon and the energy of Springtime
- Ovulation: The Mother archetype, aligned with the full moon and the energy of Summertime
- Pre-menstruation: The Enchantress archetype, aligned with the waning moon and the energy of Autumn
- Menstruation: The Wise Woman archetype, aligned with the dark of the new moon and the energy of Winter
If you love the thought that your female body is reflected in the cycles of Mother Nature and you want to learn how to work with those cycles, check out my Moon Charting Mastery program and learn:
- The exact steps to chart your cycle with the moon (tracking tables included)
- How to connect with your 4 goddess energies — the Maiden, the Mother, the Enchantress, and the Wise Woman — and understand the ways they manifest in your monthly cycle
- How to use your cycle to improve your sex life and your work performance, connect better with your partner, and enhance your spirituality, self-care and health — especially your fertility health