A couple days ago I shared how taking the time to get to know my period through cycle charting transformed not just my periods (no more cramps!) but my entire relationship with my feminine self.
Part of that knowledge has to do with the beautiful ways our menstrual cycles align with the cycles of the earth, including the seasons and the moon.
If you missed it, go HERE to read up on the Springtime / Crescent Moon phase, the go-getter energy of the Maiden right after we bleed.
Today I want to talk about ovulation, when we cycle into the nurturing energy of the Mother archetype, which corresponds to the season of Summer and the lunar phase of the Full Moon.
When I was younger I remember the abundance of cervical mucus I would see in my undies and I would wonder what the heck was going on! Little did I know, that stretchy, egg-white liquid was my body getting ready to ovulate and sex would likely lead to pregnancy.
So the hormones that peak in the body at ovulation not only create the perfect environment for the support of a fertilized egg, but also for the nourishment of our dreams, ideas and goals — our “creative children.”
Ovulating is a time of fullness — like the full moon we’re ripe and abundantly full — giving us the energy to nurture ourselves, our loved ones, and our deepest desires. Unlike the mental, go-go focus of the Go-getter, ovulation connects us to our hearts, which brings a strong emotional focus.
Personally I don’t generally ovulate with the full moon. My body follows a different rhythm called the Red Moon cycle. So instead of ovulating with the full moon, I tend to menstruate with the full moon.
Every woman is different. Some women cycle with the moon, in what’s called the White Moon cycle so they ovulate with the full moon and menstruate with the new moon. Traditionally this kind of woman was celebrated because her body reflected the natural fertility of the earth.
It’s not so important whether your cycle is in rhythm with the moon’s phases. What’s important is to realize how intricately your female energy is connected with the lunar energy and what these connections are and how they can help you play and grow your own goddess energy.
Catch up on all the menstrual-moon cycle phases here:
- Pre-ovulation: The Maiden archetype, aligned with the crescent moon and the energy of Springtime
- Ovulation: The Mother archetype, aligned with the full moon and the energy of Summertime
- Pre-menstruation: The Enchantress archetype, aligned with the waning moon and the energy of Autumn
- Menstruation: The Wise Woman archetype, aligned with the dark of the new moon and the energy of Winter
If you’re as fascinated as I am by our female connection to the moon and you’d love to delve deeper, check out my Moon Charting Mastery program and learn:
- The exact steps to chart your cycle with the moon (tracking tables included)
- How to connect with your 4 goddess energies — the Maiden, the Mother, the Enchantress, and the Wise Woman — and understand the ways they manifest in your monthly cycle
- How to use your cycle to improve your sex life and your work performance, connect better with your partner, and enhance your spirituality, self-care and health — especially your fertility health