We gathered together live on Facebook last night to celebrate the Full Samhain Moon and our beautiful sensual bodies! In this ritual we’re connecting with the Enchantress archetype of our feminine selves, and it is powerful.
If you weren’t able to tune in live with us on Facebook, the energies of the Samhain Moon are still strong, and you’ll find the replay video below.
In this ritual, I’ll guide you to:
- Explore your feelings about your body and your sensual self, the messages you’ve received from your upbringing or society, the ways you’ve internalized or resisted them
- Participate in a simple ritual to bring you into an embodied experience of sensuality
- Support you to prepare for an even deeper ritual to take you fully into your relationship with your body
Throughout the video I refer to this How Sexy Are You? Quiz. Before you begin, take a minute to do the quiz so you know what your score is as you move into the ritual.
Then, click below to start watching…
At the end of the video, you’ll be instructed to complete Part 2 of our Samhain celebration on your own. Below you’ll find each step for the Mirror Ritual, lovingly adapted from Anita Revel:
- Light a candle in front of a mirror
- Undress slowly in front of the mirror. With every bit of clothing you shed, call it by the name of a limited belief about your own sexiness that you’re ready to release. Say goodbye to feeling “fat,” to breasts that are “too flat or too big,” or to “flabby thighs” as you drop (or throw!) the clothing to the floor. Continue until you are standing naked.
- If it helps, do it to music that will help keep you in the “now.” Do not let yourself get distracted: focus on the elements that you’re shedding.
- For your well-being, and if you are so guided, share this process with a friend for support. Shedding old energies can be very intense.
- Now, standing naked in front of the mirror, welcome in a new perception of yourself. Say it out loud: I am beautiful, curvaceous, sleek, abundant, sexy and feminine.
- Do not get dressed again in the clothes you just shed–put them in the washing machine on “super wash!” Try not to wear them again in the same combination.
If you’re not already a part of our Yoga Goddess Facebook Support Circle, I invite you to join us! We’re all sharing photos of our shed clothes on the floor as evidence of completing the ritual. You’ll love that accountability–plus you’ll find hundreds of other women asking the same kinds of questions you are.